Sunday, December 31, 2006

Day 4: The Jet Engine Saga part 4 - Spark plug number 1


We've been at the mechanics for more than 2 hours. The other teams are innumerable miles ahead but no-one else has gone by. There will be hell to pay if we want to catch them up. I don't think it's happening, we've texted in to the site to say that we're dead and buried. Looking at this engine I can't see us taking the race.

Our engine has been burning up for some reason, which explains why we've been flying along like a gazelle on crack but we can't figure out what the hell is going on. It's like someone's put Red Bull in the tank.

Now the REALLY fucked-up thing is this...

When the mechanic whipped the spark plug out the back it had melted. I mean ACTUALLY melted. Completely fused together. He tried to revive it by sticking a screwdriver into the gap but it weren't about to come back.

Now I'm no engine expert, but forgive me for thinking that Spark Plugs are designed to survive about 3000 controlled explosions a minute. I'm sure that these things would survive even the heat of being put in front of my bum fire without melting so this new turn may not be a good thing for engine at all.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home